Girls Lead YYC is a program designed for girls Grades 10-12 who want to lead, influence, and participate in collective action to improve their schools, communities, and beyond. As a group of community-minded girls, Girls Lead YYC participants explore different leadership styles and build on existing strengths to move towards creating meaningful social change.
Participants of Girls Lead YYC:
- Build upon their leadership skills, develop some new ones, and learn about topics like community organizing and addressing complex issues
- Connect with other girls who are passionate about making their communities a better and safer place for all girls
- Learn from local change-making women and girls in Calgary about the work they do, and the strategies they use to do it
- Have opportunities to continue working for change at the Women’s Centre in other ways, such as joining our Girl Connect Conference organizing committee
- Are provided with a reference letter from the Girls Leadership Coordinator upon completion of the program
Girls Lead YYC will meet six Thursday evenings from July – August. Sessions will run from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, and will cover topics like community organizing, strategic communications, movement building, connecting with allies, and addressing systemic barriers and root causes of community problems.
We’re assembling a group of motivated girls who are interested in building a strong network. Sessions will take place at the Women’s Centre of Calgary. This program is free open to anyone who identifies as a girl. All snacks, supplies, and bus tickets are provided.
We recognize that leadership takes on many different forms. Whether you have years of experience influencing change in your school or community, or are interested in connecting with a group of inspiring girls, Girls Lead YYC is for you. We’re looking for girls who want to build community, connect with others, and further develop their skills.
Feel free to contact Monique, Learning Coordinator, at email@example.com for more information.