Will you run or walk for the Women’s Centre?! Now that the weather has turned relatively warm again, let’s talk about the 2012 Scotia Bank Calgary Marathon Run and Walk! This year the race is on Sunday, May 27 (http://
Last year there were 30 women and men who ran or walked 21.1k, 10k or 5k and raised $13,744.63 which surpassed our fundraising goal of $10,000. Click here for our 2012 poster.
We are excited to participate in the event again as one of the charities and hope that you can join us!
To get started:
1. Click on this link to register: https://eventsonline.ca/
2. To commit to fundraising fill out the middle section with the heading: Make Your Race More Meaningful with the Scotiabank Group Charity Challenge
* Don’t forget to choose the Women’s Centre as your charity:)
* Create Username & Password for your online fundraising account. You will be re-directed to the site after you complete your registration.
3. Once you submit the registration, you will be emailed a registration number. This number is very important as you will need it to then register for the Charity Challenge(fundraising component) and to pickup your race package later.
4. To fundraise for the Women’s Centre you can personalize your fundraising page and send the link to your potential sponsors. You can also make a one time donation on the Women’s Centre page.
We are planning on hosting some training runs for those who want to do the 5k or want to step it up and do a 10k. Keep tuned in for more information.
If you have any questions please let me know at mickey@womenscentrecalgary