- Anti-Racist Organizational Change: Resources & Tools for Non-Profits
- Calgary Alliance for the Common Good – We Take Action
- Calgary Anti-Racism Education (CARED)
- Calgary Foundation: Resources for Personal Learning
- Calgary Public Library: Race & Social Equity Resources
- Community Development Learning Intiative (CDLI) – Anti-Racism and Decolonization
- Community Wise Resource Centre AROC Tools and Resources
- SWCRC Anti Racism Resource Kit
- Vibrant Communities Calgary: Use Your Privilege to Leverage (video)
- White Supremacy Culture
childcarecanada.org is a comprehensive resource about everything you’d want to know about child care as a social issue – including most recent news updates about $10/day, child care system-building agreements between the federal government and provinces
FAQ about Canada’s historic federal budget 2021 promise – building a Canada-wide, community-based early learning and child care system that will reduce parents’ fees to an average of $10/day and value the work of educators
Learn About Child Care is a resource developed by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA) about the importance of quality child care and its value to whole of society
Sounding the Alarm: COVID-19’s impact on Canada’s precarious child care sector – a report on child care fees in large cities in Canada and the impact of COVID-19 on the sector
“Canada must level up to make childcare more affordable for all” – In a new UNICEF report, Where do rich countries stand on childcare?, Canada ranks a disappointing 22nd out of 41 countries.
- Child Care Now – the national umbrella advocacy organization
- Alberta Chapter of Child Care Now
- The Association of Early Childhood Educators – Take Action page
- Public Interest Alberta (PIA) – $10-a-day child care now!
- The case for universally accessible, high-quality child care – Women’s Centre infographic
… MORE TO COME!
Unequal Impacts of COVID-19 & Towards a More Equal Recovery
Plans and Reports
- Women, work and COVID-19: Priorities for supporting women and the economy, by CCPA, looks at the ongoing impact of COVID-19, evaluates measures taken to respond to needs, and demands fundamental systemic change moving forward.
- A Feminist Recovery Plan for Canada: Making the Economy Work for Everyone, by the YWCA and the Institute for Gender and the Economy, offers an 8-point plan to tackle systemic barriers and improve economic security for women, Two-Spirit, and gender-diverse people.
- A Feminist Economic Recovery Plan for Canada: Human Rights Approach, by FAFIA and the YWCA, argues that Canada’s path to a meaningful COVID-19 recovery must include an intersectional feminist and human rights lens.
- Resetting Normal is series of reports on gender equality and the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada. Resetting Normal: Women, Decent Work and Canada’s Fractured Care Economy explores the pandemic’s impact on women’s work and care work and has recommendations for rebuilding our economy while enhancing justice, equity, and inclusion.
- Recovery through Equality: Developing an Inclusive Action Plan for Women in the Economy, by CCPA, CWF and ONN, argues that centering marginalized women and focusing on initiatives in fragile women-majority sectors – many of them undervalued care sectors — can provide women with the broadest and deepest pandemic economic recovery.
Media and Opinion
For more, visit this page.
Understanding the impact of COVID-19 is a 2021 study that shows that Calgarians living in low income have been disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Experiences of discrimination during the COVID-19 pandemic – Statistics Canada report on their crowdsourcing initiative to gather Canadians’ experiences of discrimination
The Impact of COVID-19 on Indigenous Peoples – Submission to the UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples by the Native Women’s Association of Canada
Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Indigenous Women and Girls in Canada – Submission to the UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples by FAFIA and Dr. Pamela Palmater
Poverty Pandemic Watch: The Effects of Poverty During COVID-19 – A report from the national advocacy organization Canada Without Poverty
Left behind: Two decades of economic progress for single mothers at risk of being wiped out – Analysis from Behind the Numbers, CCPA’s blog
Tracking women’s economic recovery – Analysis from Behind the Numbers, CCPA’s blog
For more, visit this page.