For many of us, January marks a time of renewal and new beginnings. Have you made any New Year’s resolutions? Are you hoping to learn something new, get more involved or make some new connections, perhaps? Then join us at the Women’s Centre!
To help keep you energized and inspired this winter, we are offering many exciting new workshops and some returning ones too.
To a new year and new beginnings!
Featured winter workshops
- Vision Board | Jan 23 (6-8pm): Looking for some inspiration to help you reach your goals? Create a vision board filled with images of what you want in your life.
- Hip-Hop Dance | Jan 28 (6-7:30pm): This super fun class will focus on a blend of old and new school hip-hop dances and funk foundations to get you looking good on the dance floor.
- Sewing and Fashion 101 | Jan 30 (6-8pm): Learn how to select the proper fabric for your projects, how to find quality used items that can easily be updated to fit your personal style, and how to perform basic alterations. If you have clothing you would like to alter, feel free to bring it along. **Only a few spaces left!**
- Painting for Beginners | Feb 6 & Feb 13 | (6-8pm): After some basic colour and composition theory, you’ll get the chance to work on your own piece using acrylic paints. We’ll also take a look at the work of some women artists.
- Creating a Goal Book | Feb 12 (6-8pm): Come out and get excited about your future by making a goal book. With a goal book, you’ll be able to track and complete your goals. This workshop aims to get you into action!
- Reproductive Justice | Feb 20 (6-7:30pm): What is reproductive justice, anyway? Moving beyond the debate on abortion and birth control, we will examine the structural barriers that prevent safe and affordable access to support and information services.
- Dream, Set Goals, Create Change | Feb 24 (6-8pm): A space to talk about goals, motivations, experiences, issues and ideas for change. We will also make painted word canvases, and a spoken word poetry performance will round off the evening.
All of our workshops are free and open to all women to attend.
To register for any of these workshops, please contact Caterina at email@example.com or 403-264-1155.
Click here to see our full calendar of upcoming events and workshops.
Do you have an idea for a workshop or group that you don’t see on our calendar? Or are you interested in facilitating a workshop or group? Please contact Caterina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-264-1155 for more info.