After School Girls Programs Information (2020-2021)
Welcome to the Women’s Centre’s Girls Programs! The programs are free of charge and all girls are welcome.
The goal of the Women’s Centre’s Girls Programs (the “Programs”) is to provide opportunities for girls (the “Participants”) to connect with each other to build community, learn about social action, practice leadership and uncover their strengths and skills. We will cover topics like gender, identity, relationships, body image, and offer opportunities to engage in arts, dance, yoga, crafts, STEAM related activities, and more. Girls will also have opportunities to lead workshops and activities, as well as work on social action projects. As our Programs are girl-led, discussion topics and activities are shaped by the Participants’ expressed interest. As such, while human sexuality is not an identified topic in the program, if Participants raise questions, they will be addressed.
We are offering programs for two age groups with in-person and online options. * Please note that due to rising Covid-19 concerns in Alberta, all in-person programs have been moved online for the time being. We will send the participants all craft supplies necessary to enjoy the programs from home.
- Girl Power (grades 5-6) – Tuesdays 4PM – 5:30PM
- Girl Power (grades 5-6) – Wednesdays 4PM – 5:45PM*
- Girl Force (grades 7-9) – Tuesdays 6PM – 7:30PM
- Girl Force (grades 7-9) – Thursdays 4PM – 5:45 PM *
We will email you a Zoom link closer to the start date. If you have problems with the link you might need to download the free Zoom app.
Please note the following:
- The Zoom sessions will be live and interactive. Please make sure that the Participant is in a quiet place.
- Images and sounds picked up by your devise will be visible and audible to others in the session.
Should you have any questions, please contact Era Rana at 403-264-1155 or Era@womenscentrecalgary.org
Prior to participating in Programs, the Participants and their Guardians must sign the following forms:
- Registration form
- Release of liability and assumption of risk
- An exception to confidentiality understanding
- Public relations permission form