During our first two camps held this month, 23 girls came together to explore topics like gender, identity, self esteem, body image, healthy relationships, activism and leadership. Girls had fun trying out self-defense, belly dancing, new crafts, a puppet show and their very own street activism project.
Here’s what some of the girls who attended camps in July had to say about Girl Power:
- “I liked meeting new friends here. It was awesome and I hope to see everybody again soon.”
- “I learned to love myself.”
- “I am going to help people that [are] getting bullied.”
- “We learned self image, healthy relationships…and more! It was a really fun week!”
- “I learned that abuse can happen to anyone, any age.”
- “I learned that 66 million girls around the world are deprived of education.”
- “My favourite thing about the week was being inspired by what others did to make a change.”
- “I cannot wait until I can tell other girls what I learned.”
Click here to see more photos of the July Girl Power camps.