- This event has passed.
Women in the Energy Transition (FULL)
November 4, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Women in the Energy Transition
Women hold fewer jobs than men in Alberta’s energy sector, especially leadership roles. This limits the ability of women to lead and participate in solutions to climate change. Shifting to more renewable energy could create new possibilities for women – but only if the energy transition is fair and inclusive for all.
Join the Women’s Centre, the Pembina Institute and other partners for a discussion to explore:
· What is the “energy transition” anyway? What does “net-zero” mean?
· What job opportunities are there for women in the transition? (eg. trades, care and domestic work, STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, etc)
· What barriers exist for women to moving into these opportunities?
· Women’s ideas for solving these barriers – for workplaces, industries, governments and beyond
This workshop is for women who are curious about the energy transition in any way – no previous knowledge about energy is needed. Info will be provided to support women to learn about the energy transition, and to give their input about the barriers and solutions for gender inclusion.
This workshop is part of a series of session seeking input from different groups of women across the province. The feedback shared in these sessions will be included in publicly available reports, which will help Pembina to advise their networks on what women in Alberta need in order to create an economic future that works for everyone.
Register on Eventbrite at the link below:
- November 4, 2021
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Issues/Diversity, Online
- Event Tags:
- energy transition, environment, net zero, social issues
- Women’s Centre of Calgary
- 39 4th St NE
Calgary, AB T2E 3R6 Canada
- View Venue Website
- Women’s Centre