- This event has passed.
Power of Nature (Online)
July 14 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us on Zoom with Green Calgary to explore the importance of renewable energy and how it impacts our lives, our careers, and our economy. We will learn about the science behind clean energy and energy-saving tips to use at home and in everyday life. This workshop will be held online via Zoom and is open to all who identify as women. For more information, email RSVP@womenscentrecalgary.org. If you are unable to attend this session, it will be offered again on August 18, 12-1pm.
The Power of Nature Program covers:
- Climate change: what it is, how it impacts us
- Climate change and the economy
- Renewable energy technology: how do solar, wind and hydro power work?
- How to bring renewable energy to your own home
- Jobs in the renewable energy sector: interview with professionals in the industry
- Tips and ideas on how to lower energy consumption at home, comparing energy usage of different appliances at home