- This event has passed.
May 26 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
With so many edibles to grow, how does one choose? Some considerations include personal taste, intended use, processing possibilities, local availability, quality of home-grown versus purchased, and time and budget constraints. Despite a lack of space, small gardens can meet most of your fresh and processed produce needs if the right crops are chosen. calhort.org
This talk will cover:
- how to maximize your garden space (planning)
- efficient use of space including succession and inter-planting crops
- when and what to grow through each season
- choosing fruit and vegetables that give you the most “bang for your buck”
- managing soil and nutrients in small-space gardens
- a few ways to preserve harvest
Come to the Women’s Centre any Friday from 10am-12pm to have a coffee or cold drink with a group of plant loving folks. Relax and chat about all things gardening or whatever else comes to mind. We meet rain or shine, outdoors or indoors, winter or summer.
For the winter season we will be doing planting planning for 2023, creative exercises of making garden collages representing our garden dreams and visions, seed sorting and many more fun activities. This is a community gathering you can count on!
This group is open to all women identifying folks. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
For information or to sign up, call 403.264.1155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Centre