Let’s celebrate International Women’s Day and honour the stories of women from around the world! From Oppression to Opportunity is our theme for 2016. We thought it would inspire you to reflect upon women’s past, present and future challenges, while acknowledging successes and achievements!
This year, we’re doing things a little differently. Our annual potluck will take place at the Women’s Centre on March 8th from 5-7:30pm. Join us for some music, great activities and so much more.
There will also be a series of workshops around International Women’s Day, starting at the end of February:
- Monday, Feb 29, 6-8pm. Domestic violence in the workplace, discussions, strategies and acknowledgement of this prominent issue.
- CANCELLED – Tuesday, March 1, 6-8pm. A look at Childcare in Canada, understanding what the current situation is and what expectations we can have for the future.
- Wednesday, March 2, 6-8pm. Social Issues Discussions series, we will have a panel discussion around 25% a Documentary, which raises awareness about political and civic involvement of women in Canada. Come for the popcorn, stay for the conversation.
- Thursday, March 3, 6-8pm. Self-defense, learn the basics about how women can stay safe in their daily lives.
- Monday, March 7, 6-8pm. Let’s cook together! Enjoy a moment of gathering and sharing around amazing food. All supplies will be provided.
- Tuesday March 8. Save the date! It’s our big potluck event at the Centre, from 5-8pm! Prepare for an evening of celebration exploring women’s journeys from Oppression to Opportunity. Kids are welcome.
- Wednesday March 9. Safety walk from 6-8pm. Join us on a walk through Bridgeland and Crescent Heights to discuss challenges and strategies around safety through a gendered lens in our community.
Be sure to check the Women’s Centre calendar as more events are organized. Let us know you’re coming by calling 403-264-1155 or writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to volunteer your time at the potluck, you can write to Carole at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!