Last year, with the incredible support of the community, we raised over $15,000 through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge for our Lifelong Learning program. This year, our goal is to raise $10,000 for our Basic Needs program.
This May, show your support for women by running or walking in a 5km, 10km, half-marathon or marathon race. All genders are welcome to participate.
How to register:
- Visit Scotiabank Marathon’s website (click ‘Register’ and choose your race).
- When registering, select the Women’s Centre of Calgary from the Charity Challenge drop-down menu.
- After you have registered, follow the instructions in your confirmation email to set-up a personal fundraising page that can be shared with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter. Detailed instructions for setting up your personal fundraising page available here.
- Don’t forget to join Team Women’s Centre!
Also, it is not mandatory for participants to raise funds, but any contributions to help us reach our team goal are greatly appreciated.
- Course maps can be found here.
- Race times vary (e.g. 5km run and walk starts at 12pm). For the full race day schedule, click here.
- Join us for a team training run on Saturday, May 11.
If you are unable to participate in the race but would still like to support Team Women’s Centre, please consider making a donation directly to our team page (click ‘visit our fundraising page’ and ‘give now’) to help us reach our goal!
Scotiabank Group Charity will issue charitable receipts via email for all online individual and team page sponsorships.
If you have any questions about the race or encounter any issues with the online registration process, please feel free to contact Tiffany at email@example.com or 403-264-1155.