Fifteen years ago the Women’s Centre opened its doors with the help of 74 volunteers from the community. Today, more than 500 extraordinary people donate their time, skills, and hearts to support the Women’s Centre’s work. Volunteers enable more than 160 women to receive support each and every day at the Women’s Centre.
At our 15th Anniversary and Volunteer Appreciation Celebration on November 22, guests participated in an icebreaker activity. One of the questions asked: ‘What do you love the most about the Women’s Centre?’ Here are some of the top responses people gave.
15 Reasons to Celebrate the Women’s Centre
1) Sense of community
2) Companionship and camaraderie
3) Women’s-only space
4) Diversity of women
5) A place to meet new people/make new friends
6) Emergency help and resources
7) A place to give back/get involved
8) Women help women
9) Open-minded culture
10) Free (and delicious!) coffee
11) A place to learn new things
12) Warm and welcoming environment
13) Free services open to all women
14) A place for women to have a voice
15) Supportive and kind people
Thank you Women’s Centre supporters. These reasons to celebrate would not be possible without you.
Click here for more photos.